Enhancing STEM provision through practical, play-based Robotics Engineering courses
Founded and run by a former software programmer and ICT teacher, our mission is to equip, empower and inspire the next generation of Robotics Engineers.
Hailed as a skillset for the future, and with STEM education a national educational priority, our aim is to support schools by adding expertly delivered robotics and programming learning to your existing provision.
Our workshops, lessons and clubs are run with the principle of ‘fun’ at their very heart. The fun is delivered via innovative tool kits such as Lego Education and Arduino, through making sessions entirely practical and interactive, and through a strong focus on teamwork and a lively, positive competitive spirit where everyone’s input is valued and celebrated.
Top quality STEM education but with additional value
Our method of teaching puts control in the hands of our young students. When they are building robots, adjusting their models, making decisions and solving problems as a team, without knowing it, they are building life skills.
Respectful communication, social interaction, creativity, resilience and experimentation are all core values we see develop in our students from the very youngest little pre-schoolers right up to teenagers.
Confidence and pride are outcomes we strive for in our students and is seen when we put teams forward into competitions. There, they must compete with their peers in an exciting, real-time, competitive setting with an audience and judges. In our eyes, they are all winners, because they’ve played a part in building something, controlling it through programming, using trial and error to reach the best outcome and working as a team.
A popular, flexible range of course options
Our hands-on courses are tailor-made for all age groups, from pre-school, through Primary, Secondary and advanced. Younger pupils will love handling sensors and motors and seeing their robot move, turn, speed up and slow down. We cover robotic engineering, programming languages and critical reasoning and in the older children we additionally develop the skills to analyse data, evaluate their models, critique, and improve performance.
We are delighted to discuss science curriculum-based workshops, or after or during school extra-curricular clubs.
We believe our innovative approach, the resulting skills boost and the increased profile of robotic engineering as a career, can make our specialist education service a real asset to your school.
Why work with Robofun?
- The brainchild of an ICT teacher, who wants to inspire and engage young people in the field of robotic engineering
- Safe, interactive, highly engaging lessons which see every child contribute and succeed
- Enhanced STEM provision, offering extra opportunities to pupils and students with an interest in robotics and programming
- Opportunity to get involved with national and international competitions
- Collaborating with a company passionate about giving our young people skills that will increase their appeal with top universities, and increase their interest in and opportunities to achieve a successful STEM career
- Multiple life skills gained from our sessions which turn out productive, collaborative, creative, resilient, confident young students.